Lawyers in Decatur Standing up for your Rights
How to protect yourself from the police:
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. Follow these tips and keep yourself out of jail.
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, a police officer may think you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them the opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers will leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted for intoxication. Keeping your glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DUI attorney immediately. Don’t let the police take your future away from you. Contact Berk & Moss, P.C. today!
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need an aggressive attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Berk & Moss, P.C. today at 404-373-7557 or contact us online to set up a consultation.